Community Resource Fair & Family Fun Day!
The goal of organizing a community gathering is to celebrate our community, connect with people who help serve it, develop vibrant communities that enhance and improve quality of life, share resources, offer assistance when needed, encourage involvement, and assist in the development of community relationships, referrals, and linkages by helping raise awareness about local concerns and catering to the needs of a dynamic and expanding community.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FAIR
- Kids, youth, high school students, families, seniors, and members of the marginalized community are all welcome.
- Five Lucky Draws/ Raffles every hour.
- Five Lucky Draw winners will be awarded a family ticket to Heroes Fest.
- Adult and children’s activities.
- No registration is required
- Free bowling passes
- Free parking
- Refreshments are available
Caring for others is what makes our community strong!
Spending time with family, friends, and others in your community can help create strong bonds and improve mental health. Furthermore, community events aid in the development of interpersonal bonds, and share knowledge and resources, allowing individuals to cope with and overcome personal obstacles.
If you’re looking for health, legal, social assistance, referrals, connections, system navigation, mentorship, Job links or service coordination, you’ve come to the right place.
Book your Kiosk for the Heroes Fest
TOUR OUR RESOURCE BOOTH TO GAIN INFORMATION ON:
- Health services
- Senior services
- Legal services
- Mental health services
- Addiction services
- Children’s services
- Canadian Blood service
- Housing programs
- Home care service
- Income support programs
- Recreational programs
- Social Service Agencies
Fun-filled Activities for Children
Children’s participation and engagement in the community has long-term benefits in their lives, and we want them to have fun while doing it. Children of all ages will have a blast playing with balloons, bowling, participating in face painting and watching a live magic performance, as well as enjoying a variety of their favourite foods. The activities include slides for younger children and a bouncy castle for children aged 7 and up.
Family Get Together
Community gatherings bring people together, boosting the mental well-being and quality of life of all those involved. Heroes Fest has given us the opportunity to bring the community, family and friends together to meet and greet one another and bond while promoting equity, inclusion, and humanity.
Playtime Is Not Just for Kids!
While children clearly benefit from play, they are not the only ones. Adults, like children, are in desperate need of entertainment. This event makes it more convenient by creating an opportunity to participate in bowling and make the most of their time by playing with their family and friends.
Join us to learn more about low or no-cost resources and community services for Ontario residents and meet with our:
- Community Partners
- Community Leaders
- Ontario Heroes Volunteers
- Nurse practitioners
- Occupational therapists
- Speech and Language Pathologist
- Social Service workers
- Child and Youth Service workers
- Community Service Workers
- IT Professionals
- Cyber Security Experts
- Chartered Accountants
- Employment Specialists
- Human Resources
- Administrative Professionals
- Media professionals
- Marketing and Communications
Walk away with a wealth of knowledge, a great time with family and friends and a lasting memory!
- Professional Networking Opportunities: If you are an internationally trained professional, licensed practitioner, aspirant or student, you are welcome to attend this event and take advantage of this opportunity by gaining professional networking, mentorship and career guidance to assist with job linkages and meet with our recruiters, mentors and practitioners from diverse professional backgrounds, including but not limited to Doctors, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Dieticians, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Pathologists, Psychologists, Social Service Workers, Child and Youth Service Workers, Community Service Workers, Lawyers, Teachers, Engineer, IT Professionals, Cyber Security Experts, Chartered Accountants, Entrepreneurs, Employment Specialists, Human Resource, Administrative Professionals, Logistics, Media Professionals, Marketing and Communications.
- Community Partners: Meet with Catholic Cross-cultural Services, Acorn 20ak Youth and Community Services, Canadian Blood Services, Federation of Sierra Leonean Communities of Canada, The Law Office of Chris Lamannil, InTouch Counselling Services, Easy Speak Ontario, Stay in Place Senior Care, Golden Key International McMaster Chapter, Inter-Cultural Dialogue & Exchange, and Society for Entrepreneurship Integrated Development, Goodera international, Canadian all care college and Computek College.
- Meet Our Recruiters: Ontario Heroes provides a unique opportunity for our job seekers to join our community forums, groups and job portal to help them in their job search. All our services are free of cost and as part of our not-for-profit initiatives, NETS staffing solutions Inc, Ottawa West, Caring Hands 4U, Care Canada and We care 4U will be will be present at the venue for guidance.