Find out latest Volunteer opportunities
Are you considering volunteering?
Volunteering at Ontario Heroes
Volunteering is about giving your time to a good cause. It’s a meaningful way to help individuals and communities in need. There is nothing more valuable than giving your time to someone in need. Also, committing your time to change the community is a great way to use your unique skills in a rewarding environment. Whether you want to contribute by providing administrative support or assisting with community support services, you will gain valuable experience while supporting the life-changing moments created at Ontario Heroes.
Benefits of Volunteering
- It helps you gain experience and grow personally and professionally
- Expand your Social Network and building connections
- It helps you to develop strong References
- Maintain or establish a sense of belonging
- Volunteering will enable you to gain an understanding of many diverse people and cultures.
- Volunteering will enable you to develop and learn new skills for your career
- You will be able to make use of your gifts, skills and knowledge to support others and make a meaningful difference
Who can Volunteer?
Applicants who are interested in volunteering must be above the age of 14.
Responsibilities of Volunteers
Volunteers are a crucial part of Ontario Heroes. As a volunteer, you have the responsibility to:
- Be reliable and responsible.
- Perform duties as assigned and directed
- Communicate any issues or concerns which are likely to affect your volunteer duties.
- Accept guidance from the Volunteer Director, Coordinator or supervisor
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Keep service users and organizational information confidential.
Show your passion for helping our community members. There is a broad spectrum of volunteer opportunities available to suit a range of interests and circumstances:
- Blood Donation
- Organ and Tissue Donation awareness
- Home Health equipment mobilization
- Food Drive
Programs and Services
- Seniors Wellness
- Health promotion services
- COVID-19 support services
- Employment support service
- Internationals Student Support Services
- Tutor children Computer skills, French, English or Mathematics
- International Volunteer exchange program
- Mentor to a new immigrant, Student or Jobseekers
Management and Administration
- Volunteer ambassador
- Facilitate a strategic planning session and Policy development
- Assist with Project proposal development
- Public relations and communications
- Equity, Diversity, and inclusion Committee
- Office administration and data entry
Technology and Social Media
- Blog and Content writing
- Design event flyer and programs brochure
- Moderator Social media groups
- Event management