Join as a mentor to serve the community of high school students, new comers, international students, internationally graduated professionals and other target groups. It’s a very exciting and rewarding opportunity to make a positive difference in someone’s life.
Before becoming a mentor, here are a few things to understand about the role of mentoring. Most of us have had a teacher, colleague, or coach who has been a mentor to us and made a positive difference in our lives. Those people wore many hats, acting as role models, cheerleaders, and friends etc. Mentors assume these different roles during the course of a relationship.
We at Ontario Heroes need mentors to share some basic qualities:
- A sincere desire to be involved with a person
- Respect for people
- Active listening skills
- Ability to see solutions and opportunities
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Knowledgeable about their field and the Canadian workplace
- Willing to learn and willing to share what they know
- Connected to their industry sector or the broader business community
- Committed to professional development
- Available for two hours per month at least over the course of six months
*There is no expectation that a mentor needs to find a job for their mentee.
You can register your interest below: